Offering Hope for the Hurting
To help hurting people journey through the healing process with the hope and love of Jesus Christ.
We aim to implement the vision of Healing Hearts by:
- Offering counseling with a personal and nurturing touch. Our desire is to “take the walls off counseling”, and thus, we typically provide services in nontraditional settings.
- Reducing enrollment paperwork and fees. Healing Hearts does not accept or bill any insurance for services. However, our passion is for the client holistically. We want you to choose the Self-Care option of counseling AND still be able to meet your daily life financial obligations; and thus, we offer second to none counseling services at a rate that allows you to afford taking care of ALL of you.
- Debunking the stigma and myths surrounding mental and emotional health and wellness, particularly in the African American Community. Our desire is to meet this need under our collaborative umbrella, where we partner with Churches, Colleges and Universities, and Community Organizations. For Healing Hearts, we believe the journey to healing starts with a conversation, and we offer the opportunity to say, “Let’s Talk”.
MEET THE FOUNDER
Lisa A. McCraney is a native of Akron, Ohio. She attained her Bachelors of Arts (Communication) and Master of Education (Community Counseling) Degrees from Kent State University. She has been Independently licensed by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapy Board since 2006, and holds the LPCC-S licensure designation. Lisa has worked and volunteered in various programs and positions that have helped to build her professional and leadership skills, both in the clinical mental health and church arenas. In her 10+ years of experience as a Therapist, Lisa has developed a knowledge base and skill set to effectively and passionately provide services in the following areas:
- Individual Therapy
- Marriage and Pre-Marital Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Mental and Emotional Health
- Family Concerns
- Behavior Management
- Spiritual Well-Being
In her years of practice she has helped to treat clients in the following areas:
- Anger and Stress Management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Communication Skills
- Coping Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oppositional Defiance
- Personal Growth and Development
- Relational Development